For data on the opioid epidemic relevant to the Roaring Fork Valley, please check out the presentation below.
Hepatitis C Data
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. 2020. “About HIV.” https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/whatishiv.html
- CDC. 2019a. “Addressing the Infectious Disease Consequences of the U.S. Opioid Crisis.” https://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/budget/infographics/opioids.html
- CDC. 2019b. “HIV in the United States by Region.” https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/overview/geographicdistribution.html
- CDC. 2018a. “Evidence-Based Strategies for Preventing Opioid Overdose: What’s Working in the United States.” https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/pubs/2018-evidence-based-strategies.pdf
- CDC. 2018b. “Vulnerable Counties and Jurisdictions Experiencing or At-Risk of Outbreaks.” https://www.cdc.gov/pwid/vulnerable-counties-data.html
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment [CDPHE]. 2020. “Overdose Dashboard.” https://cohealthviz.dphe.state.co.us/t/PSDVIP-MHPPUBLIC/views/DrugOverdoseDashboard/PoisoningDeathFrequencies?iframeSizedToWindow=true&%3Aembed=y&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3Adisplay_count=no&%3AshowVizHome=no&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link
- CDPHE. n.d. “HIV in Colorado.” (https://cohealthviz.dphe.state.co.us/t/STIHIVViralHepatitisPublic/views/HIVinColorado/PublicFacing?:showAppBanner=false&:display_count=n&:showVizHome=n&:origin=viz_share_link&:isGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&:embed=y).
- CDPHE and the Center for Disease Analysis Foundation. 2018. Colorado Incidence and Prevalence of HCV: A Modeling Study. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mn6GC_ZmOw0XQIIXMMxsY2BIyQniHoj9/view
- Colorado Health Institute. August, 2020. “Colorado’s 2019 Overdose Data Already Looked Bad, 2020 Could Be Worse.” https://www.coloradohealthinstitute.org/blog/colorados-2019-overdose-data-already-looked-bad-2020-could-be-worse
- Colorado Health Institute. July, 2020. “Going Without.” https://www.coloradohealthinstitute.org/research/going-without
- Hari, Johann. 2015. Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs. New York: Bloomsbury.
- National Institute of Health. 2020. “Substance use disorders linked to COVID-19 susceptibility.” https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/substance-use-disorders-linked-covid-19-susceptibility
- National Institute of Mental Health. 2020. “Emergency Drug Overdose Visits Associated with Increased Risk for Later Suicide.” https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2020/emergency-drug-overdose-visits-associated-with-increased-risk-for-later-suicide.shtml
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. 2020. “Colorado Opioid Summary.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/colorado-opioid-summary
- Planned Parenthood. 2021. “What is HIV and AIDS?” https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/stds-hiv-safer-sex/hiv-aids
- Rosenthal, Martha S. 2019. Drugs: Mind, Body, and Society. New York: Oxford Press.
- State of Colorado. 2019. “STI and HIV/AIDS epidemiology reports.” https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/sti-and-hivaids-epidemiology-reports
- State of Colorado. 2018. “Viral Hepatitis Surveillance in Colorado: 2018 Annual Report.” https://cdphe.colorado.gov/hepatitis-data